Monday, November 17, 2008

NOV08VSNB big daddy weave

This is one of my all time favourite albums and it inspired this card;

I used more loverly paper that I received from Kate at i {heart} papers. I love the flourishy swirls and the yummy pumpkin colour. My goal for VSN was to get as many Christmas cards made as possible. There are a few cards in my stamping room that I didn't upload in time for VSN, but I'll get those up over the next week as well.
This was for NOV08VSNB to use an album cover for inspiration. To be honest, this is the first album that came to mind and not for the art. However, once I ran and grabbed the CD, I knew I could work with that cover. Maybe my card should be a little darker, but I did what I could in the time given.
For the charm, I stamped the biggest snowflake from Snow Swirled on shrink plastic. I punched it out with a scallop circle punch, then I used my heat gun to shrink it...then I realized I forgot to punch a hole in the top, so I re-did it, with a hole in the top so I could hang it. I really love making charms for my cards this way. Shrink plastic is SO COOL!!!! I always have palpitations when it starts to curl up, but it always straightens out, even if it needs a little squish from whatever is flat and heat resistant that is laying around.
Have a good Monday and stay safe!!!
stamps; snow swirled (SU!)
paper; loverly (gcd studios IHP), brown, vienna (bazzill), 24kt gold, cream perlized paper (paper accents)
ink; perlescent chocolate (brilliance by tsukineko)
accessories; cinnamon, copper stickles (ranger), shrink plastic (unknown), gold elastic cord, chocolate chip satin ribbon (SU!), goldenberry dew drops (the robin's nest)

2 comments:

Deb said...

This is beautiful! Love the little dangling snowflake! I [heart} shrink plastic too!

nancy said...

great CD, Big Daddy Weave rocks!! And an equally great card...just beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...