The leaves are changing colour already and we have a frost warning for tomorrow. It has been a chilly wet summer, that really hasn't felt like summer at all. Spring has been on my mind - it never left, really. It was a cold, wet spring as well. I think I'm impressed we had any foliaage this year at all!
I put the butterflies through my Xyron face down so the adhesive was on the right side. I find I need to rub the adhesive with my paper piercer just around the edges so there is no adhesive ghosting. After, I sprinkled glitter on the image as desired. I did the large butterfly first in a tidy tray. After, I used the excess glitter in the tidy tray for the smaller butterflies so there was minimal waste.
I stamped En Francais on the patterned paper and sponged around the lower edges a little. THe butterfly is heat embossed with black detail ep on light weight watercolour paper as I wanted the edges to curl a little once coloured for a more realistic effect.
Here is a close-up of the large butterfly. I like that Distress Ink colours don't change when mixed with water as it gives a very even colour gradation.
Thank you so much for stopping by today!
stamps; en francais (SU!), flutterby, butterfly (inique)
paper; lima, nutmeg, raven, brown (bazzill), renee dp (MAMBI), watercolour paper (unknown)
ink; tea dye, vintage photo, scattered straw, dried marigold (distress inks by ranger), versamark (tsukineko)
accessories; chocolate chip satin ribbon (SU!), butterfly ghost shapes (heidi swapp), nutmeg, juicy fruit glitter (art institute glitter), copper ultra fine glitter (martha stewart), men's dew drops (the robin's nest), black detail ep (ranger), xyron