Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Um...yeah...

This card took me 2 days. I'm not a putz, I don't think. But we've moved, settled (mostly - I was baking cookies today, so that's gotta be a good indicator) and wouldn't you know our van is dying. It's wheezing, doing the melodramatic death throes really, but it is firmly on the way to the scrap heap. We are praying over it, and so we haven't broken on the side of the road this year.

tangent -- Last year we drove on the highway for an hour and a half. We pulled into the parking lot at some beautiful waterfalls where we spent an amazing day hiking up a mountain - FABULOUS!!! We got back down to the parking lot, exhausted but happy. We got in our van, and -- katputz! The steering bar broke as I pulled into our parking stall... Our guardian angels are in most excellent physical condition!

I don't have a washer and dryer yet - ordered and on the way, but not here yet. My dad (I STILL OWE THAT MAN DINNER!!!) said I can use his washer and dryer since he's 7 minutes away. YAY!!!! But with a family of six, it still takes me a day and a half of back and forthing to get our laundry done... with a wheezing van...

So, I think 2 days is perfectly reasonable for this creation. I am happy with it - the plan came together, and it's mostly from scraps! The ivory was already embossed and ready to go - I didn't even have to cut it!

Bit by bit, I'm getting ALL the rubbah that wonderful Mr. Brown delivered all inky happy! I inked this stamp from Pocket Silhouettes with kiwi kiss and then used my ruby red marker to colour the blossoms and a little smudge of chocolate chip on the flower edges. I cleaned the kiwi kiss off my ruby red marker the same way I would if I used a blender pen. I coloured on a scrap piece of paper until the colour was the original - it takes about 2 seconds to do this as there is very little cross colour contamination. What an easy peasy card that took WAY too long.

We are now accepting donations for the costs involved in burying our nearly departed van... *snort*

stamps; pocket silhouettes (SU!)
ink; kiwi kiss (SU!)
paper; kiwi kiss, chocolate chip, bella rose dp (SU!), ivory cryogen shimmer paper (unknown)
accessories; markers, scallop edge punch (SU!), long rectangles original and scallop nestabilities (spellbinders), goldenberry dew drops (the robin's nest), brown satin ribbon (offray), mini screw brads (karen foster), white gel pen (stardust)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

This card is beautiful! I love everything about it. I'm heading to my stampin' desk to CASE it!! Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...