Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I've been thinking about last week's colour challenge on SCS since last week. It's a favourite colour combination of mine - chocolate chip, sage shadow and very vanilla. I've had this card in my head since then...

I love what this sentiment says, but I find I really have trouble with large sentiments. I want the front of the card to have a lovely image, and words aren't what I think of when I think lovely image. I have to get over that. The font used can make a sentiment a lovely image. I have to remember that. I have trouble buying seniment stamps because I always feel a little unfulfilled. I want something I can colour, something a little more pretty. I've walked by displays of cards in the card store and never look at the ones with just a flower or sunset/beach scene on the front. The ones that grab me are those that have a lovely sentiment on the front. I had this grand epiphany as I was standing in line for the post office, gazing at these premade cards. *D'Oh!* I need to make friends with sentiment stamps more often!

stamps; fancy pants, the stars exist text (rubbernecker)
paper; french silk (Bazzill), ivory poison (Cryogen), sage shadow (SU!)
ink; perlescent chocolate (Brilliance by Tsukineko), sage shadow (SU!)
accessories; small oval punch, chocolate chip satin ribbon (SU!), 1/2" punch (EK), jumbo eyelets (WRMK), brown glitter (Art Institute), brads

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...