Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm quite taken with this image. I have visions of so many multitasking functions. The petite foliage is wonderful as a backdrop for so many other images like sentiments, soft landscape scenes. GO-JUS!!!

I stamped the main image in mellow moss. A beautiful spring colour! I coloured the leaves in always artichoke, mellow moss and accented it with certainly celery (SU!). The faux blossoms were done in more mustard, yellow sun, and barely banana (SU!). I know they are pussy willows, but I wanted to continue with another yellow accented image to balance the dendelion in the set. These SU! markers blend beautifully when layered a bit wet. It means working quite quickly, but the results are almost copic like with no over lap lines.

You know, the stripes of colour we all got with our Crayola markers as kids that showed we had mastery of our fine motor skills in grade 4. I remember doing poster assignments thinking that Sandra R. was the coolest colourer in the class - her lines were like ripples on a still pond! *sigh* Oh to be in grade 4 again with perfect ripples. FORGET IT, BABY!!! I like pure, un-rippled water these days.

stamps; gratitude=joy (Unity Stamps)
paper; pixie dust (cosmo cricket), coconut smoothie (bazzill)
ink; mellow moss (SU!)
accessories; markers, spring moss ribbon (SU!), spica glitter pen (Copic), adhesive rhinestones (aMuse)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...