Monday, May 26, 2008

I have nothing stamping related to show for today. Well, I do, but it's so dim that I can't get a good picture. We're under a flood watch today, like we have been for several days. My house is on high ground, so no worries here.

Did anyone else notice it's grad season?! *sigh* I have a dress to build - it will be lovely! Periwinkle crepe back satin and a matching lace overlay on the bodice. It has an empire waist, and it will be simple and elegant - gorgeous! I bought bridal satin to line it with - so decadent!!! And a grad dress supposed to come tonight for alterations. Hmmmm - walking into this one blind. I know the dress is too big in the bodice, but that's all I know. AND there are lots of people I know needing suit uniform alterations. LOTS!!!! 3 full uniforms are in my basement as I write. A skirt is coming on Friday, and a jacket comes in 2 weeks (I think), but might be here sooner.

I had a workshop Friday night. We looked at houses for 6 hours straight on Saturday and got home with 10 minutes to spare before a stamp camp I was doing started. We had an open house for our house Sunday afternoon. Open houses don't go well in the rain. Note to self...

All I WANT to do is get to my Unity Stamp Company design team application projects. One is done and waiting to be photograhed (dim day) and one is sitting... and sitting...

The other thing I want to do is get some clothes made for me. I've gone shopping and I'm just not keen on what is on the racks right now. I have a substanial rack and small waist, and not much of what is available is accommodating enough without making me look pregnant - KWIM?!!! So I have nothing fabulous for summer. Of course, I live very close to the mountains and we had snow/rain mix this morning, so sometimes it feels like summer isn't coming anyway. But I still want this pretty top that I have everything for, except time. And why CAN'T I stamp and sew simultaneously?!!! I know, I want far too much...

Tomorrow, if the sun comes out, I'll have another card set that I have done for the Unity Stamp design team call. It's sparkly, and lovely IMHO. Maybe more striking than lovely. All yellow and black and brown in a bundle of butterfly happiness. {insert happy dance}

Thank-you for stopping by today, and I'm sorry I have nothing to show you yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...