Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Once I have a sheet of acetate out, I rarely put it away. Instead, I try to use it up and I'm happy when I'm using it. I stamped the bee from Bloomin' Beautiful (SU) on the acetate with timber brown Satzon and coloured it with my copics. Then I stamped one of the sentiments from Time to Stamp (CHF) on the front of the acetate as well. I smeared a little white glue with my fingertip over words I wanted to highlight. I sprinkled a very small amount of glitter over the wet glue and set it aside to dry, Once dry, I smeared a little Willow Adirondak acrylic paint over the entire sentiment. It was too opaque, so I sanded some off so the image behind was still somewhat visible.

I stamped the main image with espresso on Basic Grey Fruitcake dp. The blossoms were coloured with chalk and I watercoloured the pot with reinkers. The shadow around the blooms was made with a Tombow Warm Gray 1 marker, and the base shadow was made with the skinny oval from aMuse. I used tons of pop-ups to support the entire top piece framing the acetate to create natural shadows on the blossom image. The card is 5 1/2" square.

Thank-you for stopping by!

stamps; bloomin' beautiful (stampin' up!), Time to Stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms), skinny oval (aMuse)
paper; fruitcake dp (Basic Grey), french silk (bazzill)
ink; timber brown stazon (tsukineko), terra cotta, caramel, espresso reinkers, espresso, pebble ink pads (ranger adirondack)
accessories; copic markers, nirvana extra fine glitter (art institute), willow acrylic paint (ranger adirondak, Pebble shimmer chalks (I Kandee), velvet rick rack (making Memories), men dew drops (the robin's nest), copper hardware (we R memory keepers), stardust gelly roll pen (sakura)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...