Friday, February 8, 2008

I've had this paper sitting out for this valentine for more than a week. I was stymied for what to do with it! I knew I wanted to do my husband's valentine with it, but do what?!!! It's the same problem I have with doing things for myself. I can sorta pick. Paper is easy. But then what? And I'm going to put a lot of effort into it, and when (remember - not if!) I ubitz, that's all I'll see. *sigh* I know I can be too hard on myself. Which is why I'd rather give everything away! Hmmm - there has got to be something I'm happy with enough to go on the front of my stamp camp recipe book.

This Valentine's card for my husband is scaled down from what I had in mind for him. I had Carte Postale and Baroque Motifs sitting out to use because they complimented the paper so well. I planned on using rub on flourishes too. So I sat down this afternoon since the challenge on SCS was to make a non-traditional valentine. No pink, red or hearts. No problem - didn't plan on using those anyway!

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I spied one of the pages of rub-ons I was considering. A 7gypsies page called Rubbings Elements Fleurish. The sentiment on it was perfect! And then it didn't need and stamps. Talk about everything flying out the window!!! No stamps. No ink. No flourishes anywhere. Done!

The back panel of the card is a panel. It's a lovely, warm brown which compliments the front. It is held on by the brads and is scored 3/4" from the top edge so when the card is opened the panel folds back. It's a little detail I really like!

paper; Rome, Santiago, Paris, Capetown (Destinations by Bazzill), Love Notes dp (Cosmo Cricket)
accessories; copper eyelets, copper brads (making memories), ribbon (Ellen Hutson), Fleurish - Rubbing Elements (7gypsies), small corner rounder (EK success)

1 comment:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Loretta, Jennifer :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...