Thursday, January 10, 2008

Well, a very dear friend of mine passed away last Tuesday. She was one of the most gracious, kind people I've ever had the priviledge of knowing. Her husband survives her, and this card is for him.

stamps: beautiful blooms by papertrey
ink: pale plum, perfect plum, certainly celery, barely banana
paper: bazzil destinations cardstock, pixie dust by cosmo cricket
accessories: making memories rhinestone brads, silver brads, silver jumbo eyelets, jumbo scallop square punch, photo corner punch, corner rounder, ticket punch, bazzill basics ribbon, copics

I'm working on another theme for magazine submissions. It's flower filled fourth this time. Typically when I think fourth of July, I think fireworks and this flower has made me thing of a huge firework burst since I saw it the first time last summer.

Once I received the list of upcoming themes, this card popped into my head. I've been meaning to get at it for more than a month now, but I didn't... *sigh* HOWEVER, today was the day! I used a prepared card back leftover from a Christmas card making frenzy. How very fortunate for me! The right colour and size AND it was mounted on Bazzill java - truly a happy find as I was cleaning up my stamping space.

The sentiment was done like cracked glass - stamp with ink, heat emboss with ep, while still hot add more ep, heat, repeat. I like how thick the lettering came out as a result. I used Bridal embossing tinsel from Ranger on the flower - the embossing powder changes colour based on the colour of paper it is applied to. It turned silver here and the irridescent colour is wonderful - much like a firework!

stamps; celebrate everything, fabulous flowers
paper; brilliant blue, bazzill java, basic grey cranberry
ink; versamark, whisper white craft
accessories; whisper white grosgrain ribbon, making memories rhinestone brads, ranger embossing powders: bridal embossing tinsel, seafoam white


This is my second submission for the magazine. These flowers make me think of hand-held sparklers. I used the Bridal Tinsel ep here as well. On white, this ep has a pearl sheen to it and is very irridescent as well.

This card, as well as my sympathy card use the Monday Mojo layout mojo19 found here. I really like this sketch and there is one more card I want to do with it...later...likely not today...sadly...

stamps; beautiful blooms by papertrey
ink; versamark, buckaroo blue
paper; bazzill destinations cardstock, lucky by basic grey, coconut smoothie
accessories; jumbo scallop square punch, corner rounder, ticket punch, cuttlebug & script folder, cloud 9 rain dots (blue), silver brads, silver jumbo eyelets, making memories flocked dot sheer ribbon

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

All of your cards are lovely! Thanks for playing! So sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend. My heart goes out to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...