Tuesday, October 30, 2007



I tried this image with brown ink and colouring - that one's in the recycle box and no, it's not coming out. I'm a great believer in salvaging and image or idea. I've had projects set to the side for months before I did fun things with them. That first attempt is worthy of the trash. Period.

I almost walked away from my desk then. It's been awhile since I inked anything. Mojo was more like lessjo. Much less! *sigh* These Thomas Kinkade stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms are so beautiful that they were intimidating to me at first - hence the trash attempt. I was trying too hard. Honestly, these stamps are so beautiful that the work is already done by a master.

I accomplished this image by swiping my Night of Navy ink pad over the stamp. Then I tapped my inkpad to soften the lines left by the swipes. I stamped on Naturals cardstock to continue with the grainy theme. I sponged a little Night of Navy around the focal image to create a vignette look - it turned out to look like fog! I sponged Barely Banana on the sky and the stream to add a little contrast to the monochromatic image. I used my copics to add light to the windows and red to the inviting red door.

I think this took less than 15 minutes from initial Navy inking to finished card. What a lovely way to ease back into the creative mode - relax, don't work so hard!

1 comment:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this is just amazing !!!!love the work you did on this
chat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...