Friday, August 3, 2007

DTGD Challenges

I have a whole schwack of paper that I really *love* but can't demo or anything. It's not Stampin' Up! I'm a SU! demo and those are the rules. Then JulieHRR, in a wave of heavenly creativity and inspiration that so often washes over her, organizes and promotes the Dare to get Dirty design challenge on SCS. I was jumping up and down with both hands in the air - SIGN ME UP, BABY!!!! I have so much beautiful paper and stuff and I want to use it all. These challenges gave me the opportunity to go hog wild!


This was for a toile challenge. Toile is classic and beautiful - a timeless pattern. I was going to do it in blue and cream, because it's a fave colour combo for me, but when I went to my stamping space, my Crate Avenue Collection jumped out at me right away. Dang! I'm allergic to black and this was just no way to start a joyous week of challenges. However, it's black with cream so there's less of an effect on my poor nervous system. Swollen eyes and a drippy nose just don't help when leaning over a miniature creation such as this!! I had ONE sheet of vellum and I decided it was a perfect way to further soften the black and lessen the allergy. SAH-WEET!!! I arranged everything, but it was a little too stark. I started sneezing and the layout scattered -- I know, EWW!!!!


I have this fabulous gold pearl embossing powder from ranger and I stamped a small musical manuscript on the vellum and embossed with the gold pearl. NOT GOOD! The manuscript was too small and it all smooshed together. ONE sheet of vellum and I ubitzed. It's the black allergy I tell you! I got out my penny black musical manuscript (everyone has multiple musical manuscript backgrounds, right?) since the spacing is so much bigger. SUCCESS!! In fact, I was tootin' pleased with myself! It was just what this creation needed.


I used SU! Provencal for the main image on ivory shimmer and highlighted with my white signo gel pen. Doesn't photograph well, but very effective IRL. I rounded all the corners to soften the look further, and added the brads because you gotta do something to attach the vellum if you don't want adhesive showing. A little organza and velvet ric rac (thinking soft all the way) and voila!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B-E-A-utiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...