Friday, August 3, 2007

DTGD challenge


I intended to upload in order, but this card is kind of exciting to me. There were several things I did that made me think - okay, that's cool! I hope I remember to do this again!
I stamped Canvas in Walnut Stain on the red layer, which is textured card stock. I lightly spritzed the stamp before applying it to the paper. This caused a little of the ink to puddle very slightly in some of the recesses in the paper's texture. This puddle effect combined with the Canvas background stamp make for exaggerated texture on the paper. I'm not sure how this will work on lighter colours of paper, but I'm dying to try it!
I water coloured the main image, Life Is Beautiful by Magents stamps. Then, I chalked over it so it didn't have a clean, bright look. Julia's sketch had a spot on it for a circle element where my knot is. I tried several things, but nothing worked well, so I'm going to call my know the circle element and not ruin a good thing.
This sketch really is a favourite, I think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The colors are so rich! I bet this looks even more yummy IRL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...