Tuesday, July 10, 2007



I saw this recipe book done on Splitcoaststampers and thought - It's brilliant! I can do a stamp camp with it!!! Last May, I taught my ladies how to make a maze book. They learned how to do clean book cover covering with paper on chipboard. This recipe book built on that skill. They did the covers like the maze book, but we went further this time and used 2 papers on the covers. To hide imperfections - who can matching anything up that is a millimetre thick?!! - we used ribbon across where the paper overlapped. The ribbon matched on the side on the front and the back. They covered the backside of the covers with a 4 3/4x4 3/4 piece of card stock.

I bought a Bind-it-All and love it!!! We bound the book (35 cardstock pages) using 3/4" o-coils and I wish I had got 1 1/4" coils so we could have embellish a bit more. Then, the ladies started adhering the recipes everyone brought. I photocopied the recipes (14 ladies brought 3-4 recipes each) so that they added minimal bulk. My only advice to them was to embellish the cover heavily and the recipes lightly. Stamp directly on the copy paper. Sponge. Do the things one would normally do to a single layer card. I've already had suggestion to do this book for a wine connoisseur, tee score cards, family heritage recipes for a bride --- the options are limitless with this little gem! For my personal recipe book, I'm going to make the pages from coloured and double sided cardstock...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loretta, this is great! I bet yall had a lot of fun.

Rosella said...

Love it. That's definitely a great project. Would have liked to have been there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...