Saturday, June 16, 2007

I used Daisy D's Chasing Butterflies paper for this card. It's so not me!!! I saw it though at Ecletic Paperie and thought, well, it's cute-ish. I'll get the pack and have options. I'm not always practical. I used the new SU! In Colors Bayou Blue under the real red scallop circle. I hadn't used my Both Ways Blossoms and since it was for a red-white-blue colour challenge, I thought the daisies from this set were perfect with the shabby country look I already had going. I had everything assembled for this card and hadn't picked the stamp yet. Good Grief!! Sometimes I have real doubts about my process.



I love Jen's challenges every Friday on SCS. Limited supplies? Yup that's me. I have gadgets like crazy - call me gadget girl! - but as a Stampin' Up! demo, I sometimes feel like I'm a little limited. I have almost no accessories, I go through paper like crazy. My workshops keep having a pale plum/certainly celery/so saffron theme because that's all the paper I have in quantity right now.


Don't cry me a river - send paper!!! With Jen's challenge, it helps me think beyond what I see in front of me. Put on my big girl panties - the ones that match my creative cap, and just do it! I love all the challenges, but Jen's hold a special place for me because it's so PRACTICAL. I don't always feel practical, I'm not always practical. This challenge keeps me grounded.


I have a fair boat load of stamps (not paper mind you - see, I'm not always practical!) that have been sitting while the wheels fell off the wagon. Seems that everything is good now, so the creative funk is officially over! I'm finding the more I stamp, the easier it is to stamp. I'm getting several projects done a day right now and I LOVE IT!!!!! I want to get better at what I'm doing. I have a workshop on Monday. Hmm, another purple, green and yellow card? They may string me up!...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...