Thursday, May 10, 2007

I haven't posted in awhile because I've had a lot to deal with.



My dad was diagnosed with breast cancer. He had a full mastectomy and I was supporting him through his recovery from the surgery. Now, I don't want to make my dad sound feeble or anything. He can really be an ornery fart! Still, living alone after a major surgery needs some support. We went to his doctor appointment last week and had the staples removed and braced ourself for what would follow - the prognosis and recommended treatment. Well, knock me off my chair, his pathology report showed that the cancer hadn't spread, and he is declared cancer free. He won't need radiation or chemotherapy. What a huge load off! I felt like I floated out of the office and then went for lunch with my dad. It was a good day!



With this huge load off I was able to get through 1 1/2 commissions that have deadlines looming. It's wedding and grad season and I had 2 african wedding out fits to do - check out this fabric!!!



It is so sparkly!!! It's imported from Africa and both selvages are scallop embroidered. When one of my ladies tried on her outfit, she laughed with joy. What a compliment! She loved it, the way it fit and the fabric is stunning. I was intimidated at first when I began cutting into this expensive, imported fabric. If I blow it, I'm hooped and my reputation is shot! Then I felt like smacking myself upside the head and reminding myself that I've done much more difficult things. I'll be done all 3 of my commissions by next Friday. More stress relief...

But then I come home from a youth meeting at my church and my husband is beyond agitation. Good golly! What got into his drawers?!! Only a job interview that would have us move to Australia!!!!!! We live in Canada. My husband wasn't looking for a job. He's been with a company for 25 years. All I can say is sign me up for this opportunity of a lifetime! Will this happen? I honestly don't know. My husband is committed to his company and the oil and gas industry in Alberta and making sure this vast resources are mined and drilled wisely so as to leave a kind legacy for our children. We homeschool, so we are highly mobile. I don't know anything about moving overseas! I just wanted to move out of the city. I'm good to go with the idea of no snow, but then bugs get REALLY big. Just when I thought things were going to quiet down and stress was relieved...

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Beautiful fabric--I want to touch it!! lol

I will keep your family in my prayers (for wisdom).

Mark's Finest Papers said...

I love this fabric! Keeping your family in our prayers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...