I chose a new set of Stampin' Up! stamps, a classic called Touch of Nature. I started working on the flower at least a week ago. It doesn't take me this long usually, but life was a bit hectic this past week. I used my NEW prismacolors and gamsol and my NEW Basic Grey paper - Stella Ruby. I love using Ranger Distress Inks for my sponging. They are simply the best for this distressing technique. I don't know why I used yellow for the flower. It was red and rust in my head. I think yellow was the right decision or this would have been too monochromatic.
I'm trying to finish projects I started and haven't finished. There are still 2 on my kitchen table. My new whippersnapper stamps were delivered yesterday and I'm dying to ink them up, but not until I've cleaned up my UFO's. I want to get my house in order - I feel a nesting instinct much like during the week before each of my children was born. Spring might be triggering it, or I'm just overwhelmed by the clutter of 6 people in a small house, or the Holy Spirit is leading my to get ready because the house we've been looking for is about to become ours. Whatever is causing me to get my family's act together - it's a good thing!