Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Dear Self - A little inspiration


I wanted to join in with a splitcoast challenge since it has been quite a while since the last time I did, so I went to my favourite challenge (inspiration challenge) and saw Tim Holtz Mania (IC551) and chose this pin from the inspiration board.

I have several 'Dear Self' sentiments from Create with TLC, and today I have a card using another of these fabulous digi stamps. I cut and embossed the sentiment using large petite ovals, sadly a discontinued die cut set. I used a silver paint pen to edge the sentiment and several other layers and accents.


We all need a reminder occasionally to be brave, to move forward, and that today we will win! I know I do. I really love the secret I'm showing in this photo - the underside of the pattern paper is ORANGE! The sage, grey and ivory print is one of my absolute favourite papers of all time, and I have rarely featured the orange print. Today, the flowers show the bright and happy flip side. While I could make all sorts of ethereal connections from this print to the sentiment,  I won't. I'll leave that for you to do, if you choose.


The little orange glow is highly appealing, I think. I couldn't find any pink anything I was willing to use like my inspiration piece for this card since I wanted to keep the focus on the sentiment.



I used Cinch and Go dies to create these flowers (since I couldn't find my tattered blossoms dies - it took me an hour of looking before I finally gave up and turned to this die set instead!!), and they are super simple to assemble. I used an awl to make the hole in the center larger so I could fit in this many pearl stamens, and I really love the effect.

stamp; dear self (create with tlc)
paper; everafter (cosmo cricket - discontinued); horizon, lily white, front porch (bazzill)
accessories; yellow pearl stamens (darice); stack and fan flowers, cinch and go flowers, make a wish, i'll never leaf you, labels 41, labels 41 decorative accents, lg petite ovals (spellbinders); silver paint pen (uchida)

1 comment:

Debbie Olson said...

This is a stunning card, Loretta--beautiful work! I recognize that paper, and I always loved that line too. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...