Sunday, December 6, 2015

Christmas Season 'Fact'



I know this is true for some people, not all. I've never gained weight over the winter holidays - just at other times of the year. The battle of the bulge is a universal issue that brings many of us together, I think, and the sentiment gave me a giggle so I wanted to share!


I have used one of my favourite new releases from Becca Feeken's line with Spellbinders. Flourish Frame has a lovely presence because it is large - perfect for a 5"X7" card - and the flourish insert is really THERE. It's feminine without being delicate or fragile, and I just love that about this die. The Flourish Frame is perfect for cutting a contrasting background to the insert so it really stands out.

I created the sentiment frame by using 5x7 Matting Basics A dies #1 & #3 (as always, #1 is the smallest die in the set) and cutting them simultaneously. Now, I just have to tell you that when I create frames like this, I normally use low tack tape to hold all the dies in place. Spellbinders has introduced a new Platinum Magnetic Platform for their Platinum machine, and it works like a charm. It holds everything just right and makes the process easier than ever for multiple die cuts, single die cuts and for embossing. Now, I only use low tack tape if I'm being super fussy about where the dies are down to the smallest measurements.


I really love this poinsettia accent die from the 5x7 Holly Frame set. It has truly become a go to die for my Christmas cards this year. I cut the poinsettia accent from paper included in this really old (aka discontinued) Basic Grey Figgy Pudding paper collection because I wanted to get a mottled effect of coordinating blue, green and brown as the striped background paper. I cut the poinsettia layers from white cardstock and sponged them using a dry sponge in dark red, medium red and medium brown inks. These little flowers are my personal favourite part of the card. I'm just so pleased with how they turned out.

I hope you have a blessed week as we continue on in this glorious advent season.

paper; figgy pudding (basic grey), java, amsterdam, white (bazzill)
ink; onyx black versafine (tsukineko), aged mahogany, festive berries, brushed corduroy distress inks (ranger)
accessories; 5x7 matting basics a, 5x7 holly frame, flourish frame, platinum magnetic platform (spellbinders), rhinestones (unknown)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...