Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Courage, My Friend!

There has been so much going on behind the scenes. Teaching. Grad studies. Friends. Family. Paper Crafting. Foster dogs. Forgive me when I get behind in blogging.


 I have a close friend who is having such immense health struggles that it shakes me to the core. I want her to fight for life. I want a miraculous healing for her so she can leave the hospital for the first time since before Easter. I want my friend to be healthy and whole. I want to hear her magical voice ringing pure and true beside me during worship services and we sing praise to The Only One worthy of our praise. I want to have her whole and complete family over for our coveted family nights, laughing and playing games and talking until late.


I miss my friend. I had the incredible privilege to visit with her in ICU 2 weeks ago. She's tired of fighting. I want to fight for her - physically give her my strength and will to fight on, but it's not possible. I'm fighting for her the only way I can, and I believe the only way that will have the most effect - by lifting her constantly to the Throne of Grace. To the Father who loves her so much more than I ever could.


And as I write this, I know my motives are flawed. Selfishly motivated. I want things to be the way they were. I list my wants, but am completely ignorant of the larger, more loving will of Our Heavenly Father. And through all of this, I am uncomfortably growing way beyond my comfort zone. Again, I selfishly list my minimal discomforts in contrast to the significant pain my friend cannot escape from. God, give me the grace to grow!


Jody is never far from my thoughts. I am in constant prayer for her and her wonderful family. I am thankful for all the people globally God is bringing together to lift Jody to the throne of grace. I am thankful for her husband's willingness to share his journey - it's been incredibly difficult, but he has learned lessons he might not have learned otherwise and he is being purified in the fire of adversity. Oh! that I would come through as well as he has.

I humbly thank-you for dropping by today and I apologize for the weight of this blog post. It's just where I'm at.

sentiment: digital image (tlc creations)
ink: antique linen, tea dye, vintage photo, walnut stain, fired brick distress inks (ranger)
paper: timepiece (bo bunny), amsterdam, canvas white, cinder (bazzill), black (world win)
accessories: Celebra'tions Silk Luster Black, Feathers, Sm deckle Mega Rectangles (spellbinders), black twine (may arts) 

2 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Phew! I saw that deckeled edge sentiment and wanted to read more about the construction about this precious card. I don't own this Spellbinder but instead read every drop of your concern for your Special friend and her family. Before Easter you say! Oh Lord! Give this girl rest and peace knowing not thy will buy Yours be done. I'll lift you both up today in my prayers Loretta, no apologies needed for your reminiscing today. :)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Loretta - I have missed you, and am glad to know you are well. I'm terribly sorry about your friend, and pray that the True Peace that Passes Understanding, and Gentle Wisdom will be with you and Jody during this difficult Journey. We never know what Life has in store for us, but we can know this... Beauty is never far from us. Your card is very pretty, and the sentiment is outstanding - really speaks to me in many ways. Thank you for sharing what is happening in your life, and for sharing the loveliness in your card. hugs, de

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...