Friday, August 1, 2014

Cute Little Arrows


For a splurge of under $20, this card made me feel like a million bucks! I saw this pad of paper called 'The Story of Us' in a local craft store and thought I'd died and gone to heaven!! 

The backstory; My youngest turned 13 this year. All she wanted for her birthday was a real bow and arrows. She had done some archery at school in Phys Ed, and when we went to Mexico on holidays last year, there was an archery range at the resort. She is really very good at it. And so my awareness of all things bow and arrow related has been heightened.

And I saw this paper. *squeal*. And then I saw the tiny arrow dies from Spellbinders. I nearly fainted from pure, unadulterated joy! This card came together then and there. The trip home took absolutely forever.


This was an incredibly simple card to put together. I used an old verve stamp set, From the Heart. The knot I've used on this card is the Alpine Butterfly Knot because I know someone is going to ask and if I don't write it down now, I will never remember what it is.


I layered the Thankful Hearts die from Verve and stuck the arrow through the middle. I don't even know if Verve makes this die any more, it is that old. But it is absolutely divine here, and I'm so glad I thought of it!

Thank you for popping in on my random creativity. I have news to share next week, so stay tuned. It's a biggun. Really, really big! Have a great weekend.

stamps; from the heart (verve)
ink; onyx black versafine (tsukineko)
paper; the story of us (simple stories), kraft, raven, white, amsterdam (bazzill)
accessories; thankful hearts (verve), shoot!, petite labels one (spellbinders), linen cord (canvas home basics), gingham ribbon (may arts)

1 comment:

Jacki Daniels said...

What a great story of how the card came to be love it and the card don't you just love it when something like this happens and especially when it pays off and looks just as good IRL as in your head
Beautiful design and details
Jacki x
http://cookingupacard.blogspot.co.uk/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...