Saturday, July 12, 2014

Splitcoast Challenge Randomness

Occasionally, I have a deep need to sit down and create. Last Wednesday night was just such a time. Never mind I was online for one my courses at the same time. Never mind that it was a tough session due to technical difficulties (my prof had to evacuate her building because the fire alarm went off, among other things). Never mind that I sometimes feel like I'm 40-something going on 10 and I would do well having a fidget toy to keep my hands busy. I knit on the scarce occasions I watch tv - grown up fidget toy. If I could knit and read at the same time, I feel like I could conquer the world. Or cut out sewing projects while I read. I have a lot of reading I have to do and I think I forget that reading is my priority right now and I need to shelve the fantasies of combining my activities. I can't ask anyone in my house to read to me because I lose my train of thought when they stumble over the jargon that is my life.

And so last Wednesday while I was supposed to be focused on my computer screen, while the fire drill was in full swing, I hopped over to Splitcoast to see what the sketch challenge for the week was. I love it! I rarely check these things because I am needing less inspiration than more these days.


While I had to stay beside my computer, ready to go as soon as my prof was able to get back online, I put my time to good use!! I knew I didn't have an abundance of time, so it just wouldn't do to start a colouring project because that would take too long. Maybe if I used a sentiment as the focal point?... I scanned through several small paper pads sitting on my desk to choose some patterned paper. Then, I was struck by a fabulous idea.


I used the long classic rectangle to fussy cut (quilting term) this paper!!! Brilliant, yes? Instant image! And cute to boot.


Since I used plain white paper for the background, I ran it through my Big Shot with my Roman Romance embossing folder. I cut it into 3 to replicate the SCS sketch diagram (SC496), and voila!! Cute card in no time flat! Next time, I would use string and tie a fancy knot to make the card more unisex, but I was on a time crunch and allowed habit to guide me. Bad rut!! Must keep creating outside the box!!

Have a great weekend!

paper; ash, white canvas (bazzill), meadow (my mind's eye)
accessories; roman romance m-bossabilities folder (spellbinders), gunmetal brads (unknown), white ribbon (offray)

1 comment:

Liz said...

Just gorgeous!!! hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...