Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop


Welcome to the March Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop. The beginning of the Hop is on Amarylis's Blog if you want to start from the beginning. If you have arrived here from Caroline's Blog, you are on the right track. Be sure to leave comments all along the way for an opportunity to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations gift certificate. The contest closes on Friday, March 28th, and the winner will be announced by noon on Saturday, March 29th.

Today, I've used Scenic Combo, Uplifting Scriptures and Vintage Word Background. Because I'm working full time as a teacher and my graduate studies continue, I am trying to figure out how to create cards I am happy with that take less time. I don't feel I'm there quite yet for the time it takes me, but it's getting better. I'm pleased that I am able to find the supplies I want to use, although finding this cord took forever!!!


I coloured this image by sponging ink and then using markers to add a little definition. It isn't quite what I had in mind initially, but I'm happy with the outcome. I used to colour with sponges and get some amazing colour and drama to images, and I'll need to polish that technique again since it's a favourite of mine!


I started by making this knot out of hemp twine, and it was really tiny. Then I found my burlap twine and tied it again, and it didn't seem to be much thicker. I kept thinking I must have something thicker, but I couldn't remember what or where it was. It took me 2 days to remember, but I'm so glad I did because this is the look I was after the whole time. A big knot with lots of definition. *sigh of contentment*

To carry on with the hop, I invite you to go to Glenda's blog for some more amazing inspiration. Ta for now peeps!

stamps; scenic combo, uplifting scriptures, vintage work background (heartfelt reations)
ink; tuxedo black memento (tsukineko), pumice stone, black soot, worn lipstick, shabby shutters, peeled paint, stormy sky, tumbled glass, gathered twigs distress ink (ranger)
paper; fiddlesticks (mme), flintstone, lagoon, white canvas, kraft (bazzill)
accessories; distress ink markers (ranger), screw head brads (unknown), linen cord (canvas home basics)

28 comments:

Lisa Allen said...

Perfect card for a special man in your life I love the muted colors and the twine pulls it all together.

Unknown said...

that a beautiful card
and like the stamp that you use
beautiful

Caroline D. said...

Love this!! It's a gorgeous card with a lovely country feel that would also be perfect for a special guy! I so enjoyed reading about the knot... it does look perfect done in a larger cording!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Perfectly beautiful! I love everything about this card. Very creative!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the background papers!

barbara macaskill said...

What a gorgeous scene! I think you colored it to perfection! Love the knot on the twine! TFS!

Heather said...

What a great sentiment, I love the layering and layout.

merrymstamper said...

Serene Beauty! The knot on your card is fabulous!

Neva Cole said...

Wonderful masculine card, I am also glad you didn't give up on finding the right twine for the knot, it adds nice dimension.

ruthluvs said...

Love the sentiment... I haven't tried this technique yet but you've inspired me to give it a go. Really love that this is a more masculine card since there are not as many of them (as there are feminine ones) to help inspire :)

Joyce said...

Love the layering and the knot! Great and simple and masculine! Good job!

busybee58 said...

Love, love, love this card and the saying too!! :)

Donna Oates said...

Beautiful card. Love the landscape.

samantha wade said...

Amazing, love it, xx

Amanda R said...

That knot and the plaid paper is perfect for this image, love it!

Conniecrafter said...

I just love the way you colored this, the knot is a cool touch!

Sharon Roselli said...

this card is awesome! Its hard to believe you colored it with sponges, it looks wonderful. I will have to try this.

Gretchen Wilson said...

A card that speaks to my heart. I have almost all guys in my family and need manly cards and this is perfect. Great design layout.

zehra said...

This is gorgeous love it

Jean Bullock said...

For a man? Well, I would love to receive such a fabulous card. Not only would I love to receive it. I would frame it and hang it on the wall. It's THAT good.

Judi said...

Beautiful card and you did a great job on the coloring. The knot finishes it off perfectly. Great job.

Unknown said...

I love the card and the colors and I love that knot. What type of knot is it?

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! Lovely colors and details!

Candy's Creations Blog said...

Nice masculine card!

sandie said...

I love it

Unknown said...

What a lovely scene!

ukash said...

This is gorgeous love it

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Hi, Loretta! Just popping in to take a peek at your gorgeous work. I love this masculine card! The coloring is gorgeous...like a fine watercolor painting. And the texture you added with the jute knot is perfection.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...