Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Little Something



For this card, I used last week's sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I'll be using this sketch again - I love it!This lovely paper is from Fabrications Linen by Teresa Collins which is such a lovely, elegant pad of papers!


I just got the Distress Markers from Tim Holtz, launched at winter CHA. They are divine! I've used them on kraft paper which isn't easy because this paper absorbs the ink very quickly. On this poppy image from Spring Botanical by Gourmet Rubber Stamps, I coloured using fired brick and barn door for the blossom. Then, I used picket fence to add a few highlights. WELL! The ink from the marker went on clear and then it looked like it bleached the paper and the red inks I had already coloured with. VERY INTERESTING!!! I think this marker has some very cool potential and I'll mess around with it some more in the near future.


I have another Gourmet Rubber Stamps stamp that I used for this card - Hot Water. I think it's a wonderful sentiment and I think about it almost every time I'm in a difficult or challenging situation. The background for this portion was stamped with a stamp from Spring Botanical stamped with Pumice Stone ink, one of my favourite neutral inks.

Have a marvelous week!

stamps; spring botanical, hot water (gourmet rubber stamps from ihp)
paper; fabrications (teresa collins from ihp), kraft, raven, walnut creme (bazzill)
ink; gathered twigs, pumice stone, black soot distress inks (ranger from ihp)
accessories; distress markers (ranger from ihp), bow easy (from ihp), black brads (making memories), black ribbon (offray) 

1 comment:

Stamping Becky said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, Loretta! Beautiful sponging and distressing. I love the sentiment - it gives a complimentary twist to the phrase "that old bag".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...