Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Farewell to Heartfelt Creations

I can't write all the things I'd like to say here today or we'll all be crying in our coffee, so I'll get right to my Heartfelt Creations post instead.


I chose to play with embossing powder on this card image. I sprinkled embossing powders like I was baking since I combined several different colours and brands.


Initially, I used shabby blue embossing enamel and then I did the same with chestnut embossing powder by Zing!.


It makes the Wisemen look like they are traveling through mist. Love that look!


I heat set the powders by heating from underneath so the big, white pieces of enamel didn't get blown off course. I really love what the combined powders looks like with the star!


The left over mixed up powders were used on the little ornament so there was minimal waste. I really get bothered by waste. The final look of these 2 powders together really is quite spectacular.

I will miss the Heartfelt Creations design team and am sad to see it go. It's been a joy!

stamps; poinsettia ornament 2, wisemen ornament (heartfelt creations)
paper; turquoise hills (riddersholm designs), java, walnut creme (bazzill), splash pearlized paper (paper accents)
ink; versamark (tsukineko)
accessories; heirloom ornament 2011 (spellbinders), getaway dew drops (the robin's nest), ivory satin ribbons (offray), shabby blue embossing enamel (stampendous!), zing! chestnut embossing powder (american crafts), clear rhinestone (heidi swapp)


simon says stamp - anything goes
scrapbook sisters - anything goes
crafting when we can - christmas
christmas inspiration - punches or dies

11 comments:

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Oh, that's is just wonderful! A kind of card I really love! If you need a new home for your card, just let me know. LOL
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. Hope to see you again next challenge too.

Carla S. said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Loretta! I will miss working with you on the HC team but I will definitely keep following your blog so I can see all your wonderful creations!

Tracey T said...

What a beautiful card, Loretta - this is something that will be treasured, I'm sure. xx

Glenda said...

Beautiful card! I will miss you on the design team, but will definitely continue to follow your journey!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card. I love how you mixed the embossing powders and how they gave such a unique look to your your card. Thanks for sharing with our Crafting When We Can Challenge :)

JoanieMc said...

Awesome creation as usual. Please keep posting on your blog so I don't dare miss a creation. I have truly enjoyed all your cards. Take care and God Bless.

Joy said...

This is so gorgeous and elegant, I love it... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, just love the colors of embossing poweders, gives it a great feel!

Stamping Becky said...

Wow! Beautiful work, Loretta!

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card and as had been said before very elegant

Thank you for joining us at CWWC

Sue U said...

Wow, stunning card! Love your embossing, Thanks for joining use at Scrapbook Sisters Anything Goes challenge, hugs Sue xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...