Saturday, June 4, 2011

Heartfelt Creations - Vintage Shabby Butterfly

This should have been posted on Wednesday, but the headache I had from this mild case of whiplash was bad enough that I felt ill when I had to look down - like for typing or colouring. However, the car accident could have been much, much worse. I'm a little delayed and thankfully not in the hospital.


I used the Bella Rose Vintage Background stamp released this month from Heartfelt Creations for my project. I trimmed of the top part of the background image stamp to create a square focal image. I distressed all the edges and sponged them with black ink.


I coloured the image using the following copic markers;

butterfly wings; B91, B95, B97, B99
butterfly body; E35, E47
roses; Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
blossoms; YR21, YR24
foliage; YG93, YG95, YG99


Once I coloured the butterfly, I cut out the wings using an Xacto knife and folded them up at the body. I stamped the butterfly an additional 2 times and cut out the wings to attach to the butterfly wings and then to hide the hole left from cutting out the butterfly wings. While I know there are no butterflies like this and that physiologically a butterfly like this can't fly, I love the ruffled prettiness of it.


I spritzed the image with glimmer mist - it's a new toy tool in my paper crafting arsenal. And this picture doesn't even come close to showing the insane shine of it! I used both brown and an aqua coloured mist.

Next Wednesday is a new collection release, so come on back then for some more lovely images and projects!

stamps; bella rose vintage background (heartfelt creations)
paper; curio (basic grey), blossomwood (K&Co), pinecone, blackberry swirl (bazzill)
ink; espresso adirondack ink, black soot distress ink (ranger)
accessories; ribbon (offray), black brads (unknown)

3 comments:

Stamping Becky said...

Wow! Absolutely beautiful vintage design, Loretta! I'm quite amazed at how many different designs you create with the same stamp. I hope you are feeling better.
God bless, Rebecca.

craftieodmae said...

love it, and love how you did the butterfly!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Love this vintage feel, the shading in black, wish I could tell the glimmer misting, I keep forgeting to try it out, great layering on your butterfly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...