Friday, March 4, 2011

So Thoughtful Blue!

My youngest daughter got into my paper scrap files and didn't clean up after herself when she was done - bless her little crafty heart! Two of the scraps she left on my desk were big enough for a card base and a little left over. I kept looking at this gorgeous blue and deep brown together thinking that they were stunning together and what pattern paper do I have that went with both?


I started flipping through paper pads and came across this sparkly beauty in my Mango Frost pad. I love the circular motif and that provided the inspiration for the rest of the card. I chose to soften the pattern on the paper by over layering thin vellum and attaching it using vanilla brads. I finally dove into my Lavish Trimmings and used the elasticized tulle here. To hide the elastic, I layered thin brown satin ribbon and tied on a little vanilla ribbon slider. I used some older K&Co gems echoing the circular design on the paper.

My little dumplin' came back and cleaned up the rest of her scraps and told me I had used the papers she had wanted. Oops! My bad! And I think it turned out pretty good!!!

stamps; rescue remedies additions (waltzingmouse stamps)
paper; mango frost (DCWV), tropical breeze, geneva (bazzill),
ink; pearlescent chocolate brilliance (tsukineko)
accessories; fancy tags, sm & lg squares nestabilities (spellbinders), lavish trimmings (ranger), adhesive gems (K&Co), very vanilla hardware (SU!), brown satin ribbon (offray)

1 comment:

Stamping Becky said...

This is just beautiful, Loretta! I like the vellum layering over the dp. The brown and bright blue combination is very attractive. Those gems just top it all off. Looks like your lil' DD did you a favour ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...