Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Making a scene!

It's Heartfelt Creations day again.  There are several new sets being released this week, and they are quite stunning - especially, if you are like me, and enjoy colouring!!  Visit the Heartfelt Creations blog to see projects featuring all the new stamps and a gorgeous new die.

I used the new Scenic Combo Set to create this card;


I coloured this scene using only Warm grey Copic markers.  I love the vintage feel this monochromatic colouring produces.  I used fine glass glitter on the little brook running behind the house and the mountain tops.  The sparkle is gorgeous up close.


I gave the little scene a shot of Pralines and Cream Smooch Spritz and I love the subtle glitz it adds to the picture.  I made the rolled flowers from the same designer paper that I used for the card base.  I cut 2 small flourishes from the Decorative Butterfly Border Die and layered them over the large flourish from the Perfect Petals Die Set.  I layered the punched branch shape and rolled flowers over the shape created by the flourishes.  Love the effect!

Do enjoy the new stamps, and I'll have many more projects using the dies in the coming weeks.

stamps; Scenic Combo (heartfelt creations)
paper; capella 12x12 pack (basic grey), carob cream, walnut cream, brown (bazzill)
ink; espresso adirondack (ranger)
accessories; decorative border die, perfect petals die set (heartfelt creations), branch border punch (martha stewart), basic grey taffeta ribbon (SU!), adhesive pearls (kaiser), pralines & cream smooch spritz (color box), diamond dust glass glitter (art institute glitter), copic markers

7 comments:

Summite said...

This card is gorgeous. I love the monochronic color it look like a pencil painting. Congrat

Tammy E. said...

Beautiful and elegant. Wonderful card.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow that is stunning, love the image in all greys and your flower arrangement just tops it all off beautifully!

Mari said...

Not only is the coloring gorgeous, that die/punched/flower shape on the side is FANTASTIC! Love it!

runzalot81 said...

I absolutely what you did with the stamp here! Absolutely gorgeous! Really love your style so I added a link to your blog on my brand new blog today. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Art Glitter said...

Quite lovely! It looks like a place I'd like to visit. Thanks for the mention, you can find a link on our FaceBook Fan Club
info@artglitter.com
http://www.artglitter.com
http://artglitterblog.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-Glitter/330357605104

Jan Hennings said...

Gorgeous card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...