Wednesday, October 20, 2010

IHP Birthday Bash - Day 2

Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the i {heart} papers 2nd Birthday Bash! If you missed yesterday’s post, be sure to scroll down to participate in the scavenger hunt/blog hop to earn your 20% off coupon (and see some really amazing projects from 25 incredible designers!)

Tomorrow Deb will be hosting another challenge for you.

Winners for each day will be randomly drawn from the day's challenge entries, and everyone who plays along, either with the challenges and/or the scavenger hunt will be eligible for the grand prize drawing that will close the festivities on Friday.

Additionally, ALL orders placed during the Bash (Oct 19-21) will receive a free goodie bag of surprise merchandise. The more you spend, the bigger your goodie bag!

Also, there will be random drawings for additional prizes from our PaperCraft Planet group members, our mailing list (sign up on the right side of the homepage) and our fans on Facebook. If you are on all three, then you’ve got triple the chances to win!

Today’s challenge is a sketch challenge. Be sure to post your direct link on this post, either as a comment or in Mr. Linky and tag your uploads with IHPBB10S.


Here is my card for Kate's sketch;


I used an older Unity set (Life is Fabulous) that I didn't realize Kate was out of.  Serves me right for not checking before I made my project!

This card is simple, and fairly quick to make, thanks to Kate's sketch.  I stamped the half circle image twice to create the circle then coloured it in a little with copic markers.  My colours were all inspired by Capella paper by Basic Grey.  I used classic circle nesties to cut out my image and framed it with a scalloped circle.

I do hope you’ll play along. Deadline to enter is Friday morning 3AM EST.


Stamps: Life is Fabulous (unity stamps)
Paper: capella (basic grey), elephant, coconut swirl, powder (bazzill)
Ink: pumice stone distress ink, espresso adirondack ink (ranger)
Accessories: classic circle, scallop circle nestabilities (spellbinders), mini scallop border punch (ek success), basic grey taffeta ribbon (SU!), natural cord (canvas corp), capella glazed brads (basic grey), diamond stickles (ranger), chocolate pearl brads (kaiser)

6 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Well now...I think this card is just fabulous!

Kendra said...

GORGEOUS! A total WOW card!

Gretchen said...

B E A U T I F U L!!!

HappyCrafter said...

So lovely! That dp is gorgeous, and looks great with that sentiment and the swirls.

Nena said...

Superb card! I always love the color
tones of your cards. They are so
pleasant, relaxing and classy. I
receive a great deal of inspiration
from your blog; thank you!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous papers, love how your stamping goes with them perfectly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...