Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September Calendar

Today is September 1st, and I'm feeling a little more back on track.  Maybe.  I might make a firmer decision tomorrow.  Maybe.  A really good step in this direction is I finally have our September calendar done.  I didn't do one for July because we weren't home and I was just too far behind to do one for August.

In addition, I knew all the FABULOUS new product Kate ordered at CHA, and I wanted to be able to use a bunch of it for my September Calendar.



I used my new Graphic45 Steampunk Debutante paper.  OH GOSH!!!!  This paper is one of my top 5 designer papers ever.  I used so much of my 8x8 pad for this project.  In the pad, there is a paper with a butterfly border and a very cool image in the center.  The image didn't really work with what I wanted to do for my project, so I cut a black cardstock mat to cover it and mount my own work on.  Isn't that butterfly frame brilliant?!!!  It's definitely a favourite feature for September.



I painted chipboard hearts with crackle paint, one with aged bronze and the other with brushed pewter.  I added a little character with adirondack alcohol ink. 



I used a Zva rhinestone flourish to blingify to the sentiment, and a couple of little butterflies for a touch of whimsy.  I used a piece of lightweight vellum over the brightly coloured rose pattern paper.  Love it!

My family is happy with me because we have a calendar again, just in time for school, and I hope this sentiment will go a little way to offer inspiration to my kids as they start a new academic year.


stamps; vintage labels 5, words of wisdom (waltzingmouse stamps)
paper; steampunk debutante (graphic45), raven (bazzill), lightweight vellum (paper accents)
ink; black soot distress ink (ranger)
accessories; labels 5 nesties (spellbinders), crochet lace (may arts), black crepe ribbon (creative impressions), rhinestone flourish (zva), fleur de lis punch, diamond scallop punch (ek success), butterfly trio punch (martha stewart), black rhinestones (heidi swapp), pewter butterfly (unknown), chipboard hearts (bazzill), brushed pewter, aged bronze crackle paint (ranger)

2 comments:

Mari said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous butterfly border! Plus I love the quote... well, I just loved everything about it! :)

dining table said...

This is what I am waiting in your blog. Those cards are so gorgeous and it has a very unique designs and themes. Well done job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...