Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June Calendar

I am so much more on top of things this month than last!  I doubt I can express how much this makes me happy.  And able to sleep at night and not grumpy around my family.  I just hate it when I'm like that.  I need to make a few life changes for things to fully come into balance, but I feel like I'm starting to tackle it head on.

I am done our June portion of my calendar;



I had a mess on my stamping desk about 2 weeks ago when my design team package arrived from Kate at i {heart} papers.  I had my Blossomwood pad open (love this paper!!!) and I happened to have these Petaloo yellow flowers there and out spilled this little mouse with sunflower by Stampavie and a package of gorgeous brown Zva rhinestone flourishes.  Oh good golly, it looked like inspired perfection to me!!!  There were some other amazing goodies in there that I'll share shortly.  Anyhoo, I kept arranging these elements into a card in my head, but nothing was fitting the way I wanted because this mouse image is larger than the layout in my head would accommodate with the large flourish and this very large brown eyed susan print paper.  It occurred to me that I needed a larger project for all these larger elements.

THEN I realized that I hadn't done my calendar for June yet, and while this isn't quite what I wanted for June, I was too excited about the whole thing to keep it for another month.  I have started collecting Tombow markers and playing around with them because I was inspired by Kim Teasdale and the amazing things she does with them when she colours images.  I'm definitely not as masterful as she is with these markers, but I don't think this is bad for a first try with them.

If you missed the rest of our calendar that I'm creating and want to take a peek, there is a link for it.

Yup, I'm almost on top of things right now!  Happy hump day - the weekend is in sight!

stamps; mouse with sunflower (stampavie - IHP)
paper; blossomwood (K&Co), raven, brown, sunshine (bazzill), 140lb watercolour paper 
ink; black memento ink (tsukineko)
accessories; ribbon (bazzill), large dew drops (the robin's nest), rhinestone flourish (zva), flower (petaloo), daisy edge punch (martha stewart), stickles (ranger), tombow markers

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, your coloring is amazing! Such a sweet little image. This card has beautiful colors and details- I love it :)

Stamping Becky said...

The little mouse carrying a sunflower is coloured so well. The whole design of this June page is amazing. The patterned paper and all those embellishments go perfectly with this design. Amazing work, Loretta! Hope I get a chance to see it IRL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...