Monday, April 5, 2010

Feature stamper chicken girl challenge


I love Theresa Momber's gallery on Splitcoast because she has such an amazing way with copics. For this week's feature stamper challenge, I cased this card by Theresa. It's sweet and fresh for spring. I tried to be true to her design but I did change it in a couple of ways;

1. I had to change the card size a little to accommodate my longer, narrow image.
2. My colours are a little darker, but I sponged in the same way Theresa did.
3. I added a sentiment and a just a few embellishments.

I really do love Theresa's colours and layout. I chose to keep the same neutral papers neutral - meaning the only distinctive pattern is my abstract floral in the same place Theresa used a flourish pattern. The tiny, itty bitty polka dot paper I used basically reads as a solid orange, so that's why I'm sticking with it. I used 'Just a Note' digi image from Chicken Girl Designs. Now, this is a digi I totally understand! *giggle* I play flute and my DH plays guitar! Yup, it's a happy day!

Normally, I try to stick to life like colours for my images, but I decided to go a bit more whimsical today - must be the lovely weather that's making me feel a bit tipsy! LOL! I coloured this image with copic markers and sponged around the edges. I cropped the image very closely because I wanted the sentiment that comes with the image to be mounted separately. I love the look of this little banner!

Thank-you so much for popping by and have a delightful week!

stamps; just a note digi (chicken girl designs by i {heart} paper)
paper; sugar rush (basic grey), core'dinations cardstock, copic cardstock
ink; sunset orange adirondack (ranger), bordering blue (SU!)
accessories; crepe ribbon (creative impressions), sugar rush brads (basic grey), copic markers

3 comments:

HappyCrafter said...

So cute! that is a great image to work with and you did a fab job with the colouring and putting together. the whimsical look is fun.

Joseline said...

This card is so darling!!! I love your sponging and coloring of the digi. The dp and colors are perfectly put together.

Anonymous said...

Free ebay finally

Finally you can sell your used and new products FREE on the new advance http://www.BuySellDirect.net


http://www.BuySellDirect.net free service is the best of all the rest to sell your products and services on the Internet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...