Wednesday, February 3, 2010

CC256 Greetings!

The colour challenge on splitcoast this week is to use crushed curry, bravo burgundy, and basic gray. Betty, hunny bunny, friend, if you read this in the midst of your busy-ness, you totally stretched me!! I've enjoyed watching the colour challenge you host week by week, and I truly marvel at the colours you put together. You have a gift for it. I think my colour choices are usually safe, and quite frankly, verge on boring.


This week, I jumped in with both feet and completely embraced the colour challenge. Good golly!! In the SCS gallery for this colour challenge, CC256, I saw a bunch of lovely, light coloured cards that used the burgundy and grey to give the cards some weight. They are wonderful!!! I figured, if I'm doing this challenge, I might as well go all they way, baby!! If the light cards use the darker colours for weight (JMHO), I have a big old ball of lead here! *snort* I really don't take myself that seriously!

The designer paper I used here is from Basic Grey, Indian Summer. I felt it was perfect for this challenge since it had the curry and grey in the design. I layered the same dp, framing each layer with burgundy and grey.



I love this little accessory cluster. I used my Home Accents Cricut cartridge to cut the leaves, except for the pine branches, which were cut out using a Martha Stewart punch. My DH was right - getting me Design Studio for Christmas has made me use my Cricut more. I really like that I can make smaller size adjustments to the shapes using the program than with the dial on the Cricut.

The butterfly from K&Co Lotus Floral Stamps was stamped with aged mahogany distress ink and embossed it with silver embossing pearl (both by ranger). I used a blender pen to colour in the butterfly, using aged mahogany distress ink. I coloured over the butterfly with a Sakura glitter pen for a bit more sparkle.

It did take me a day to make this card. I guess this is the last obstacle I have to overcome after not stamping for nearly 2 months. I need to try to get my speed back up so it doesn't take me so long to do this stuff! I love it, really I do - it's like a nice long, warm, bubble bath - but most days I only have time for a shower.

Thank-you so much for stopping by!

stamps; lotus greeting stamps, lotus floral stamps (K&Co)
paper; indian summer (basic grey), elephant, burgundy (bazzill), ivory cryogen poison (unknown)
ink; aged mahogany, black soot distress inks (ranger), summer sun (SU!)
accessories; border punch, gray taffeta ribbon (SU!), buttons (basic grey), adhesive pearls (kaiser), burgundy ribbon (sei), silver pearl ep (ranger), stardust glitter pen (sakura), home accents cartridge (provocraft), branch punch (martha stewart)

9 comments:

Carol<>< said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! great color combo!

Carol<><

Carla Murphy said...

This is incredible!! SPECTACULAR!!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, just love your embellishing!

Cassie said...

this is exquisite!

jjcreations said...

Wow Loretta, this card is stunning!!!!!

marsha said...

This is totally scrumptious! I love everything about this card!
Hugs, Marsha

Joseline said...

Wow Loretta, you really outdid yourself!! Gorgeous!!! I love everything about this card.

dining room table said...

Wow! This one is beautiful! I am amazed with the butterfly there! And what I really like about this are the colors that you used for this one.

MiamiKel said...

WOW< this is jaw dropping gorgeous, Loretta! Amazing creation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...