Yesterday was world card making day. Am I the only one on the planet that stretches the weekend out so it's one long day with a really long nap in the very middle of it? I realized while I was giving this post a title that world card making day was yesterday, and I'm only hopping on the bandwagon today.
Here's why, because yesterday looked like this;
- got a slow cook supper in the oven then realized that with a slow cook supper in the oven I couldn't make bread.
- It takes 2 1/2 hours to bathe 5 puppies with mange and give the mom a spa treatment, especially when said mom is still timid and gets overwhelmed easily. She has man fear too and DH was helping me with the baths. My back and hiney are sore today, I tell ya!
- A school project with a partner takes a full afternoon.
- I hate shopping, but have to shop anyway when a child comes to me saying, 'Mom, it's snowing and my snow boots don't fit. How will I walk to school on Monday?' It's HARD to find a 13 yo girl womens size 11 snow boots, but we did it!
- On the flip side, 3 other children did the snow boot try on and their boots from last year still fit.
- I still have to go shopping for 1 winter coat for another child, but again, yay! 3 coats fit.
- Over the course of the day, 3 children came to me saying they weren't feeling well. Yay! 1 child is healthy.
*What is up with the 3:1 ratio in my house?!!!!*
So, while DD and her friend were working on their school project, I grabbed a little stamp time and make this cutie patootie thing for the world card making day Unity challenge on SCS;
The Unity challenge is to use a sentiment as the focal point for a card. No problemo, baby! Biggest challenge is to chose just one sentiment. *snort* I've neglected my Unity stamps for awhile, so I brushed the dust off this one and set to work.
I coloured the stamp with markers and that's about as complicated as this gets. :)
Today, I'm home from church with 3 sick kiddos, so this post will only get longer as the day goes on and I have stamping time. Perfect day for it too! It's snowing outside, and said children just have the sniffles and just need some quality TV time, which they otherwise rarely get to watch. I'm happy to provide individual bowls of popcorn and hot chocolate on request, but they are getting too big to sit and cuddle with and they just want the comfort of knowing I'm within calling distance.
I'm off for a shower and headed for my studio in short order to tackle the rest of the world card making day challenges!
stamps; blossom (unity)
paper; eskimo kisses (basic grey), dotted swiss cardstock, coconut swirl (bazzill)
accessories; old olive ribbon, markers (SU!), green rhinestones (kaiser), labels 4 (spellbinders), blue ribbon (may arts), red corduroy buttons (unknown)