Thursday, October 22, 2009

A double challenge Post

It's a little trying having multiple kids sick - KWIM? I haven't been on much because I've had someone needing my attentions starting at about 4:30am every morning for nearly a week now. *sigh* If it doesn't kill me it'll make me stronger right?! It's tough watching asthmatic kids struggling with a cough that would be bad enough because of the cold alone, but combined with their asthma, it's downright alarming! Now, I'm just starting to get tight and a little ahem-y. Bring on the puffers, the vicks and BED...


I made this pink elephant card on Tuesday, but have been a little busy since then to post it. This cutie patootie guy is from the new Chicken Girl Design release by i {heart} papers called Just Skating By. As soon as I saw the SCS colour challenge this little elephant dude popped in my head dancing and skating like the 'Elephants on Parade' dream sequence from Dumbo. I've been looking for an excuse to do a pink elephant and I think he's sweet!

stamps; just skating by (chicken girl designs by i {heart} paper)
paper; always artichoke, cameo coral, bravo burgundy (SU!), poison cardstock (unknown), eskimo kisses pad (basic grey)
ink; black soot distress ink (ranger)
accessories; buttons (basic grey), picture hangers (daisy d), ribbon (SU!), black brads (bazzill), create a flake 1 & 2 (spellbinders), branch punch (martha stewart), clear rhinestones (heidi swapp), prismacolor pencils




Today's ways to use it challenge was to use patchwork on a project. I knew immediately what I wanted to do. There was a card from CHA in January in the Basic Grey booth done like patchwork using their Wisteria paper. It was stunning! There were little pearls on the corners where the papers joined and now that I think about it, their paper placement was much more random than mine.

I used my scor-pal on the paper the patchwork is mounted on, scoring my base into 4 quadrants and then turning it to score into diagonal quadrants. This made the paper placement a guaranteed success situation since I just had to line up my paper with the score lines horizontally, vertically and diagonally. The paper squares were punched out with a 1 1/4" punch. Very easy, despite how complicated it looks.

Thanks so much for popping in today! Your lovely words always mean so much to me.

stamps; home for christmas (SU!)
paper; eskimo kisses (basic grey), parakeet (basic grey), white linen, cardstock vellum (paper accents), rich razzleberry (SU!)
ink (black soot distress ink (ranger), pink chiffon chalk ink (tsukineko)
accessories; goldenberry dew drops (the robin's nest), ribbon (SU!), fancy tags (spellbinders), rhinestones (heidi swapp), 1 1/4" square punch (ek success)

4 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

I love all the pink!!! They're both awesome!

jan farnworth said...

fabulous cards you did a great job on both of them.

Stamping Becky said...

That pink skating elephant is a hoot! Love both your cards!

Carla Murphy said...

These are great!!! Adoreable skating elephant and what a big job on the quilt! Both turned out beautifully - love the pearls on the patchwork. (hope your whole house is feeling better by now)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...