Thursday, October 15, 2009

CSA Tulipe Blingified!


I've had the idea for this card in my head since I saw this die in the catty. I didn't have any red glitter in my possession though until last week. I love the way this turned out. It's so simple and flat for mailing - I think this took me all of 15 minutes to make.


**edit added Oct 16** The white cardstock was run through my Big Shot using the Bigz Tulipe die. I used JAC paper by Dreamweaver on the back of the white cardstock. JAC paper is a sheet of double sided tacky paper. I removed one side of the protective backing and stuck it to the white cardstock. I sprinkled glitter over the exposed JAC paper and gently tapped it into the adhesive, pouring off the excess. Then, I peeled off the backing of the JAC paper and stuck the white cardstock to the red cardstock base. I love JAC paper! I do not endorse the website I have linked to. It was just the first website that came up with google to show what JAC paper is if you haven't used it before. For my customers, I do sell this adhesive paper.

99 Christmas cards to go *LOL*

stamps; Christmas Expressions (Cornish Heritage Farms)
paper; coconut swirl , currant smoothie (bazzill), JAC paper (dreamweaver)
ink; black soot distress ink (ranger)
accessories; christmas red glitter (art institute glitter), cardinal rhinestones (bazzill), tulipe bigz die (SU!)

5 comments:

Cassie_lu said...

OMG this is stunning and so classy for a Christmas card

Sue Ann F. said...

I love your card, but how did you do it? Is the die cut out of the white? If so, did you then use 2-way glue in the openings before applying the glitter or did you use sticker paper?

Sue

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is so stunning Loretta!! What a fabulous, sparkly idea!! WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!

Stamping Becky said...

Beautiful and stunning! I am so mesmerized by all that bling and it only took you 15 minutes!
Hey, if you keep making this card over and over again, you'd have your 100 Christmas cards in 2 1/2 hours. What say you? ;)

Velta said...

Oh my how lovely this is Loretta! I love the simple elegance of this card!! Hope you and yours are well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...