Saturday, June 20, 2009

OCC June Stars IC185

Good Morning!!! This week, Jennifer Meyer has challenge the OCC to create a card/project using “Stars”. Grab your favorite star stamps, punches, ribbon, buttons, etc. We can’t wait to see your fun samples!!

There is no time limit on our challenges - feel free to participate whenever you are able. To play along, upload your creation to your blog or gallery, then leave us a comment linking to your project so we can check it out. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: OCCC

Sorry I missed last week guys. I was starting to come down with a nasty sinus cold and I didn't start feeling better until Thursday night. Combined with my cold, our foster puppies have been desperately sick and one had to go to puppy emergency care. I'll post a puppy update later this weekend. If it's sunny outside, I'll get pictures and post sooner rather than later.



I looked around all week for stars for this challenge. I'm star challenged *snort*. I don't have a star for Christmas even. I have a rock star star, but I didn't want to use that ONE star. I have a primitive folk art star, but wouldn't you know, that set isn't cut out yet and I was getting down to the wire! I FINALLY found these cutie patootie star charms I knew I had kicking around but had misplaced. Yay! A starting point!

Once I had my starting point, I used the layout inspiration from this card by Debbie Olson. I just love the lower edge of that card! Well, I love the whole card, but that lower edge totally grabs me! I sat and looked at it for a long time and it dawned on my a little temporary adhesive to hold all the lower edges together, and bada bing bada boom, cut them all at the same time with the top note die! No fiddle faddle piddling around.

I love the colour of these these Bugaloo baby shoes for the Inspiration Challenge on SCS. I'm really not a cat person, maybe you've figured that out about me ;). Still, the pink and yellow-apricot is such a darling colour combination. I happened to have some paper from i {heart} papers that is adorable and was pink with some of that kitty colour, so I was off to the races! By the way, Kate has a schwack of stuff marked down in her store, including some great deals on Nesties. Go check it all out!!!

Isn't that chipboard flourish totally de-lish?!!! Okay, the how to. I painted brushed pewter crackle paint on it and walked away. That stuff takes awhile to dry! I came back and used alcohol ink on it and then swiped it with some distress ink like it says to do on the bottle of crackle paint. A word on that...again, walk away. It takes awhile to dry. I rushed it a bit and so the distress ink smudged onto my ribbon. Dagnabbit! So, I tied a knot over the smudge. When all is said and done, I think that chipboard flourish is a favourite touch. I'll be doing that again!

I piled on all these embellishments and then it occurred to me that I didn't stamp a thing. Ooops!! Well, there was no sentiment, so I started digging around again and came across this gem that was totally perfect!

Please take a peek at the other OCC Design Team blogs and leave all these uber talented ladies some love!

stamps; starlight starbright (verve stamps)
paper; green tea (bazzill), pure joy pure posies,
uniquely you individual blooms (both from the Penny Lane collection My Mind's Eye - IHP)
ink; adirondack espresso, tea dye & vintage photo distress ink, latte, lake mist, sandal adirondack alcohol ink (ranger)
accessories; 5th Ave Elizabeth buttons and blooms
(making memories), linen thread, kraft taffeta ribbon, top note sizzix die (SU!), branch punch, cornice border punch (martha stewart), star charms (tokens by blue moon beads), chipboard flourish (bazzill)

8 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

This is so cute -- love the embellishments and the charm -- the bottom edge is super!!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

What a work of art...beautifully done, Loretta!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card Loretta, so beautiful!!!

SmilynStef said...

Love the die cut layers ... fantastic inspired card.

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS DESIGNED CARD - LORETTA!!!
I love this sweet star charm you've added - great idea!!!

Glad you are feeling better :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

i {heart} papers said...

I love it! All of the layers are amazing!

A schwack eh? Must be some crazy Canadian term! :)

Elena said...

Gorgeous card, Loretta! Love the star charm!
Sorry you didn't feel so good, and glad that you feel better now!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love the border, pretty flowers and buttons with your swirl, love the charm hanging from the ribbon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...