Monday, May 4, 2009

Monochromatic Greek Gardens

I love this designer paper from K&Co. - Blue Awning. It's the first pad I've almost worked my way through. I have the attention span of a gnat for stamps and paper, as I've mentioned before, but this paper really grabs me. I can't explain it; it just is.

Since I love this paper, I wanted to do this image mono chromatically so the whole card 'fit' together. It turned out very elegant with all the rhinestones, pearls and this urn image is divine and elegant in its own right. This is one of those simple cards that once I'm done, I *sigh*
This card and these muddy, neutral colours just scratch my happy place the right way - KWIM? The kick in the butt for me is how simple this card really is. I was going to use buttons to decorate the ribbon strip, but they took away from the impact of these other elegant components. Besides, what can compete with that cutie patootie snail charm from Artful INKables?!!!

Yay, I'm stamping again.

stamps; greek gardens (artful INKables)
paper; blue awning (k&co), elephant, string of pearls, auckland (bazzill)
ink; espresso, cloudy blue adirondack (ranger)
accessories; octagon and scalloped octagon nesties, cornice border punch (martha), piercing template (ornare), wide grey ribbon (may arts), silver bells dew drops (the robin's nest), basic grey taffeta ribbon, silver cord (SU!), adhesive rhinestones (kaiser), snail charm (artful INKables), copic markers

1 comment:

toners said...

Gorgeous! Makes me want to pull out my new Nesties :) Great color!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...