Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SC226 Earthy Whispy Blooms

Did you know that fresh skunk spray smells remarkably like a very dangerous chemical spill? Did you know that skunk spray on a dog's face makes them squint in an alarming way? Did you know that skunk smell will cause headaches and nausea? Did you know it is brutal to ventilate a house chock-a-block full of skunk smell when it is cold outside? Don't ask me how my week is going...

In the midst of much more than the skunk incident, I have finally had a chance to sit down and do some stamping just 'cause. I needed a little inspiration so I did today's challenge on SCS since the sketch challenge is always a fave for me!

I used a fabulous set I got from i {heart} papers: an Our Craft Lounge set called Whispy Blooms. I intended to do some paper tole on this bloom, but I didn't get any of the layers coloured as nicely as the first, so I decided to leave it alone and have just one layer. I cut out and layered the image with my classic oval nesties. I'm still so enamoured of my pierceabilities and I used the Victorian Border on this card.

I hope you are having a marvelous week!

stamps; whispy blooms (our craft lounge - IHP)
paper; sugardrop (memory box - IHP), brown, irish eyes dotted swiss, chantilly, coconut swirl, auckland (bazzill)
ink; adirondack pitch black, brushed corduroy distress ink (ranger), jet black stazon (tsukineko)
accessories; classic oval nesties, victorian borders pierceabilities (spellbinders - IHP), olive ribbon (may arts - IHP), brown satin ribbon (offray), fragmetns (idea-ology by tim holtz), pink adhesive rhinestones (heidi swapp), bittersweet buttons (basic grey), diamond stickles (ranger - IHP), copic markers

5 comments:

Kerri said...

This is just gorgeous, Loretta! I love the look of the Piercabilities. I'm going to have to get a couple of those : ) So sorry to hear about the skunk incident : ( Sending hugs your way!

Deb said...

Beautiful, Loretta!

So sorry you are having a stinky week so far! Hope things get better immediately!

toners said...

Ugh! Sorry you're going through some stinky stuff so far this week - it will get better, I'm sure! :)

Conniecrafter said...

so very pretty, love the paper, piercing and your cute image!

LORi said...

Wow This is very pretty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...