Thursday, January 1, 2009

WT199 cuppa kindness IHP

I just love this little cup image. As soon as I saw it I started thinking get well, stay warm, tea buddies - okay, and Valentine's. It transcends seasons so well.

This card was done uber backwards, uber badly. *sigh* Truthfully, everything went well until the accessories. Love that sticker heart from the Bittersweet pack and I want it there - and won't it look adorable with a little crackle on it! And buttons oh need buttons from the Bittersweet pack - took forever to find a combo I liked for this card. Then I stuck it in the wrong place *sigh* and had to peel the glue dot off without ripping the paper. Then I wanted to put a ghost shape heart on - a RED one. What the heck!!!! I don't even own any red glitter?!!!!! Since when? Isn't that a standard colour?!!!! *head smack* FINE I'LL DO A BROWN ONE since I own a bajillion shades of brown glitter...

I got it all assembled and thought - oh gack it's missing something. It looks so barren and naked. So I started adding ribbon...under the already attached accessories. OH GACK!!!!! Re-peel the buttons with the glue dot, slip the ribbon under. Yay the BROWN heart has a tiny glue dot under it and only on the lower bit - easy to slip the ribbon under. I used my paper poker to peel up the top half of the pretty heart sticker. The crackle medium didn't react well to being disturbed at all. I forced the ribbon under. I scraped the crackle medium off the heart sticker since it looked like the heart was melting and generally falling apart at that point. *sigh* I gave it a vengeful, spiteful push with my thumb so it stuck to the paper and the ribbon. THen I re-applied the crackle medium.

This is not a good way to start a happy paper crafting year!!! Please feel free to laugh at or cry with me at any point during this rediculous tale...

stamps; sweet hearts (impression obsession IHP)
paper; bittersweet (basic grey IHP), brown, coconut swirl (bazzill)
ink; espresso (adirondack by ranger)
accessories; silver painty pen (zig), bittersweet buttons (basic grey), heart ghost shapes (heidi swapp IHP), silver brads (making memories), square and scallop square nestabilities (spellbinders), brown satin ribbon (offray), copic markers

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Well, after all it's been through, it turned out cute! I am sympathetic because half my cards turn out altered in some way or another!
LeAnne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...