Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Thank-you

We were asked to make a Christmas Thank-you card for the i {heart} papers design team challenge. A brilliant, good and noble task. It's always appropriate to say thank-you. It's never in bad form when said with a heart that is in the right place.

I cased Life's Simple Pleasures by Laurie Schmidlin, and I'm saying thank-you for sharing so freely that amazing talent of yours!!!!

I have to be honest. When I saw this challenge I panicked because I'm never very good at the limited supply challenge on SCS and I didn't think I had any thank-you anything from IHP. So I dragged my drippy nose body downstairs and decided to clean up a little since my kids had helped themselves making Christmas cards for their Sunday School teachers while I spent the weekend in bed. I have no issues with this except they aren't the best with follow through - the clean-up thing. So I was poking around, panicking when I stumbled on this gorgeous stamp set from SEI called Windsor clear stamps. I darn near did a happy dance right then and there as soon as I saw those blessed words - 'thank you'!!!!

I used my 6x6 pad of Wassail from Basic Grey. I just love this paper!!! I'm going to need to find ways to use on non Christmas cards. There are enough papers that aren't uber Christmassy to make this a gorgeous, elegant paper line.

Additionally, I used Heidi Swapp snowflake ghost shapes, and self-adhesive pearls. Those are the specialty items here. Now, to wait to see what's coming our way so I can send this card after Christmas!!!

stamps; Windsor clear stamps (sei)
paper; wassail 6x6 pad (basic grey), brown (bazzill)
ink; vintage photo, tea dye, antique linen (distress ink by ranger), white craft ink (SU!)
accessories; snowflake ghost shapes (heidi swapp), gurngeboard flourish (tim holtz idea-ology), walnut stain crackle paint (distress acrylics by ranger), self adhesive pearls (hero arts), petite oval and scallop oval nestabilities (spellbinders), brown velvet ribbon (may arts), bridal emboss tinsel (ranger), crystal glitter (art institute)

2 comments:

whoistracy said...

This is so fun! Love the dp you used.

Lori said...

This is so pretty! I love the look of the ghost snowflake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...