Thursday, November 13, 2008

IHP blingy tree-y


Well, I started do the sketch challenge yesterday with the full intention of doing it and tah-dah a nice card for a fabulous sketch. *sigh* I worked on this thing trying with all my might to make it conform to the sketch challenge. I have a trio of un-used holly on my desk. They didn't make the cut. *sigh*
Anyhoo - I stamped this image with dye ink. I smooshed all over it using several different green chalks. But then the tree started to disappear, so I went over parts of it with a green marker. I blinged it using my clear copic spica pen. I redrew the entire image with it, I think! ;) Then I used stardust stickles to give it a little blingified dimension. It wasn't sparkly enough so I added a fabulous glitter I just found from Art Institute called Autumn. It changes colour from dark green to copper depending on the angle you are viewing it. Beautiful stuff, that!!!!


I used loverly paper and Wassail buttons. I also used this go-jus ribbon from Kate at i {heart} papers. To make the scallop edge, I placed the edge of the paper so it would be cut by the long rectangle nestability die. The rest of the paper sat on top of the die. I need pictures to explain this, don't I? If you think I need pictures for this step, tell me and I'll get some up in the next day or so. Then I embossed the scallops. It's lovely. A favourite effect I need to use more.

Celebrate!!! Tomorrow is Friday...

stamps; Winter Shapes (Inkadinkado IHP)

paper; Loverly (GCD studios IHP), ivy, coconut smoothie (bazzill)

ink; always artichoke (SU!)

accessories; wassail, granola buttons (basic grey), geneva in stitchz floss (bazzill), men dew drops (the robin's nest), moss/champagne ribbon (may arts IHP), long rectangles nestabilities (spellbinder), slot punch (SU!), small corner rounder (ek success), clear spica pen (copic IHP) , stardust stickles (ranger IHP), autumn glitter (art institute)

2 comments:

whoistracy said...

I think this turned out lovely!

Deb said...

I thought I was the only one who struggled! Isn't it strange how sometimes cards take on a life of their own?! This turned out beautifully in spite of not conforming to SC202! Love all the bling and that gorgeous ribbon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...