Thursday, November 6, 2008


I had a bunch of ideas in my head for today's challenge. I had already cleaned off my desk, so I had no scraps laying around for me to use up. A clean slate.


Then, I went to my closet looking for a piece of paper. Fresh paper to cut into. I couldn't find the one I was after, so I started cleaning, looking for the pack of paper I was after. I found my old stash of Christmas stamps. HAPPY DAY!!! I had forgotten where I stuck them for the move. I started to think, 'I have enough stamps to last a lifetime' *contented sigh* Did I really just admit that?!!!! I take it back! There is ALWAYS something new and fabulous. The latest, greatest must-have. There are so many gifted designers out there, and I need to do my part in these economic times to support these starving artists. Hang on! Aren't I a starving artist too? Hmmm. A conundrum...
The dark blue paper isn't what I was looking for, but it's the next best thing. I stamped the image with white craft ink and heat set it. I recommend NOT clear embossing with this technique.
My ubitz for today; I clear embossed the white craft ink so I could colour right away. GACK!!! My prismacolours made short work of the embossing powder. It all scraped off. It made a mess. It was such a pain! The sentiment scraped off and then became invisible under the prismacolours. Anyhoo...
I coloured the image with prismacolours and then traced over the white ink with white gel pen to make the image pop. Then, I masked the stamp so I could ink only the sentiment and I used white stazon and stamped it on an acrylic tag. I just love the Tim Holtz elements from his idea-ology line. Fabulous!!!
stamps; snowman (unknown)
ink; whisper white craft ink (SU!), cotton white stazon (tsukineko)
paper; perlescent sapphire, deep red (paper accents), coconut smoothie (bazzill)
accessories; simplicity corner punch (ek success), red grosgrain (SU!), red self adhesive rhinestones (MAMBI), acrylic tag (tim Holtz idea-ology by ranger), star dust stickles (ranger), white, stardust gellyroll (sakura), snowflake embossing folder(provocraft)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Beautiful card! I love all the sparkle everywhere. That is a great stamp!!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Loretta, your card is so pretty and I just LOVE how you made your beautiful scene glow!!

Hugs to you, Jennifer :)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

beautiful !!!!!lovely sparkle!!!!!!tfs:)
chat

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...