Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CC192 Joy for i {heart} papers



Oh joy!!!!! Yesterday we took a breather. Time to thank those who have given their lives for the cause of freedom. Here is a though provoking music video by a Canadian artist, Terry Kelly, about the importance of remembering called, 'A Pittance of Time'. We happened to be driving when 11:00 came yesterday, and fortunately, we immediately came to a red light. We pulled off to the side, and paid tribute. My daughter feels strongly enough about it that she felt the 1 minute of silence was just not enough. I agreed. We had lessons yesterday morning, so we were unable to go to any of the Remeberance Day services held around our city.

I took time to have a nap yesterday afternoon - what luxury! When I rose, I got to the colour challenge - what luxury! What joy!!!! I rarely do the colour challenge because we are booked from get up to go to bed. I find that I rarely get to make up what I miss the day before. I never record tv shows, because if I don't have time to watch when it is first on, there is NO WAY I will find the time later. Ever...

So I took the time to celebrate my freedom by doing an activity I rarely do - the colour challenge. I used Blue Awning available from i {heart} papers. This is such a beautiful paper pack. The colours are stunning - but I'm seriously partial to blues and greens. The main image is from Inkadinkado called Winter Shapes. I stamped the image in Basic Gray ink and then coloured bits of it afterwards with markers. It's been blinged up a bit with stardust stickles.

It was a good day...

stamps; winter shapes (inkadinkado IHP)

paper; Blue Awning (K&Co. IHP), basic gray (SU!), coconut smoothie (bazzill)

ink; basic gray (SU!)

accessories; silver brads (making memories), snowflake ghost shape (heidi swapp), monochromatic blues glitter pack (art institute glitter), stardust stickles (ranger IHP), silver painty pen (zig), slot punch, gray taffeta ribbon (SU!)

1 comment:

Deb said...

I saw this in the i {heart} papers slideshow on PCP and had to come here to get a closer look! Absolutely stunning!

I'm so glad you had a good day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...