Monday, October 27, 2008

I started this card yesterday before my stamp camp. It was for the Featured Stamper challenge over on SCS. I cased Button Sampler by Kay (speedystamper). Adorable layout and I thought, 'how very handy because I just LOVE buttons, and how even more handy because I just got Wassail and Granola buttons from Basic Grey and I can use them.

I have a boatload of pearlized cardstock that is so outrageously decadent. And, happy day!, a bunch of it matches (dead ringer in the colour department) Wassail. Holy Shamolies that paper is some of the nicest Christmas paper Basic Grey has ever put out. A bunch of it doesn't even look Christmassy which is a huge boon, I think.

stamps; vintage christmas (crafty secrets)
paper; bazzill brown (bazzil), merlot, 24 karat gold (pearlized cardstock - paper accents), wassail (basic grey)
ink; espresso (adirondack ink - ranger)
accessories; copic markers, wassail & granola buttons (basic grey), gold elastic cord (SU!), gold tufted satin ribbon (flourishes)

Then I was messing around. I had the charm from a scented candle that was given to us as a house warming gift. The candle has been used, and I really like this charm. I wish I could find more, but I doubt I will be that lucky.

I have a little of the new fall Bo Bunny paper. I tried tons of stuff on the other side of this piece of designer paper. It's a mess! so I flipped it over and started again. Actually, there was nothing to do, so I highlighted parts of the design on the paper with a white gel pen. It looks uber cool!

I inked the sentiment with tea dye, then on top of the tea dye with vintage photo, ending about 1/3 of the way up, then I inked on top of that with walnut stain. I stippled the colours together and gave it a little spritz of water then stamped. I love the effect. It looks natural, and by going from the lighted colour to darkest in a colour family, I haven't wrecked an ink pad yet. And if someone were going to wreck it, trust me, it would be me...in a heartbeat...

stamps; fantasy words (inique boutique)
paper; lily pad, bazzill brown (bazzill), beautiful life - blessed (bo bunny), be good - ribbons (cosmo cricket)
ink; tea dye, vintage photo, walnut stain (distress ink by ranger)
accessories; plumeria dew drops (the robin's nest), brown satin ribbon (offray), eyelets (we r memory keepers), self-adhesive rhinestone, charm (unknown)

I'm messing around with layouts for a stamp-a-stack I have coming up. I'm trying to figure out what to do using scraps, ensuring they will be mailable with standard postage, while still looking gorgeous. I dunno - I think this one is still blah - bring on the bling!!!!!!!!

stamps; illuminations (SU!)
paper; bazzill brown (bazzill), fruitcake (basic grey), be good - ribbons (cosmo cricket), pearlized cardstock (paper accents)
ink; tea dye, vintage photo, walnut stain (distress inks by ranger)
accessories; fresh mowed grass dew drops (the robin's nest), brown satin ribbon (offray)


This is another one for the Stamp-a-stack. I like it. It has wow factor, but I have to figure out something else for the angel. These ladies won't have enough time to do faux linen and still get 15 cards done in the alotted time. I like the idea though, so this one will percolate in my head for the next week or so...

stamps; holy triptych (SU!)
paper; amsterdam, helsikni (destinations by bazzill), fruitcake (basic grey), glossy cardstock (kodak), pearlized vellum (paper accents)
ink; antique linen, tea dye, vintage photo, walnut stain, fired brick, peeled paint (distress inks by ranger)
accessories; white satin ribbon (offray), vintage photo distress ep (ranger), copper ep (tsukineko), copper painty pen (zig)

3 comments:

Mari said...

Ooooo! I really love the 'Believe' card. That's lovely, excellent colors. And yes, that charm is real purty... bummer we can't ever find them again.

Samantha said...

i LOVe how you line the edges with the white pen. so very natural and flowing.

Jamie Martin said...

All of your cards are beautiful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...