Monday, September 15, 2008

It's a new hostess season for my SU! hostess clubs and I make the newbies each a notebook to keep technique instructions in. I go to the dollar store and get a coil bound cardboard covered notebook. They were black this time and the all had a yellow foam happy face on the front. My girls (dd's) and I peeled of the happy face. Weird, and a little cathartic! We didn't get it all of, but whoopie doo - the focal point of each cover hides the little left over bumpies.

Last year, my ladies came and decorated their own books. This time, with only 4 new ladies, I decided it would be a nice gesture if I did them and handed them over at our first hostess club night. Everyone is all excited about it, so happy day!

This cover is pretty much what you see is what you get. No fancy schmancy. I love doing these books because I choose to go a little WOW!!!! and just go with what grabs me at that time. I have a general idea of what I want to end up with, but these really are me just flying by the seat of my pants. And guess what?!! I used more scraps!! I told ya I'd never get to the end of the scrap pile!

Have a wonderful, spectacular day!!!

stamps; upsy daisy, define your life, defining alphabet (SU!)
paper; polar blue (basic grey), fleuriste (cosmo cricket), coconut smoothie, brown (bazzill)
ink; citrus, lettuce, mushroom, pesto reinkers, antique linen (adirondack by ranger), kiwi kiss (SU!)
accessories; slot punch, key tag punch, small corner rounder (SU!), brown satin ribbon (offray), screw brads, mini screw brads (karen foster)

2 comments:

Kari said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the cover of your notebook! What lucky hostess to receive this!

veronica said...

love your layout on your cover, esp the way you did the ribbon thru the slit punch hole.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...