Friday, August 15, 2008

You know you may have too much stuff when you've owned something for months and have never used it. I've had the Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie pad for months. I bought it because I loved it. I still do. It is so vintage adorable. And I've never used it... *sigh* Maybe there are just not enough hours in the day to do justice to all the uber fab paper crafting product on the market right now.

I've had the idea for this card for ages. I love the OLD Sugar and Spice stamp set from SU!. It is really wonderful. There were so many sets that were the hallmark of an era for Stampin' Up! - Sugar & Spice, Winter is Calling, Sweet Seasons, Little Boys, And Everything Nice to name a few. Wonderful, nostalgic childrens sets. I love them!!!

I've had the idea for this card for days. It's been itching in my head, and finally took solid form with this week's sketch challenge on SCS. I coloured the image with copic markers (WT179). I did the frame using see d's Boho Frames. I applied Antique Linen ink to the stamp and then applied more ink randomly around the stamp graduating from lightest to darkest ink. Once the colours were applied, I misted the stamp with water before stamping. Misting with water refreshes the ink and allows the distress inks to bleed and blend. I used my copic markers to age the red gingham as well.

Thank-you for stopping by today!!!

stamps; sugar & spice, fancy flexible phrases (SU!), boho frames (see d's inique)
paper; Honey Pie (cosmo cricket), coconut smoothie (bazzill)
ink; antique linen, tea dye, vintage photo, walnut stain, black soot (Ranger Distress Inks)
accessories; red gingham ribbon (bazzill), button (unknown), mini screw brad (karen foster), mini spiral clip (7 gypsies), corner rounder punch (ek success), copic markers

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Love the soft colors on this and the adorable image! so very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! The image is too cute and works perfectly with this paper.

Shawn K.

robin dudley-howes said...

these are so pretty. i gotta get that big shot!
btw i saw your work on splitcoaststampers. very pretty!
robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...