Saturday, June 28, 2008

We start packing in 2 days. I'm going to be posting a boat load of cards made only with scraps. The only new cut for this card is the kraft card base. I have so many scraps, and I'm not sure I want to pack them, unpack them and have them sit around for another undetermined period of time.

This card is 5" square. I don't know all the names of the papers used, since these ones were literally sitting on my desk. I didn't have to fish for a single one - except the card base.

The sentiment is a new one I got from Artistic Outpost. Their stamps are great! Not so artsy fartsy to be weird, but on the edge. Very nice!! I coloured the butterfly with markers; regal rose, rose red, and bravo burgundy. I spritzed it with water and then inked up the sentiment with dark brown chalk ink. The colours blended beautifully. I love doing that with images to get a watercolour effect. So soft and lovely.

I hope you have a great weekend.

stamps; Happiness (artistic outpost)
paper; bazzill - colours unknown
ink; dark brown chalk (colourbox)
accessories; markers (SU!), scallop green floral ribbon (making memories), 1/4" dark brown satin ribbon (offray)

1 comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Very pretty. Great use of the AO images.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...