Monday, May 19, 2008

This is the first of the 4 card set. I know this is supposed to be the dandelion once it's become fluff, but fluff doesn't show up in photos very well - ask me how I know!!! *snort* I can't say this is my favourite stamp from this set, because I really love this whole set. But, it is the first image I used. This is attempt number 5... yup, love potion number...5! Thank heavens it didn't take 9 tries, although that has been known to happen.
First, the card was so vibrant that the fluff looked weird because it was too light. My bad - it looked like a sparkly halo on top of a stem. Nice placement, nice size, very nice, but it looked like the heads popped off! Oh mercy!!!

Second try was a full on ubitz! Double image. Third time I dropped a fully inked stamp on the paper. *sigh* Fourth try, serious mess up with the sentiment - don't ask...

Fifth time's a charm. It felt like forever until this card was done, but I really like it! All the other cards went much faster since I guess I got all the cooties out of the my system with this one! What a day!!!

I inked the blossom with markers to get depth in it - more mustard, summer sun, always apricot, and barely banana (SU!), and inked the stem with mellow moss (SU!). I used SU! markers to colour in the leaves - certainly celery and barely banana (SU!). I went over the blossom with my clear spica glitter pen (copic) for just a tiny touch of bling. LOVE IT!
stamps; gratitude=joy (Unity Stamps)
paper; pixie dust (cosmo cricket), coconut smoothie (bazzill)
ink; mellow moss (SU!)
accessories; markers, spring moss ribbon (SU!), clear spica glitter pen (copic), periphery buttons (basic grey), hemp twine

1 comment:

Rachel Hope said...

LOVELY!!! That Dandelion is stunning

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...