Saturday, April 26, 2008

Well, I have an event today. I always like doing events because I enjoy my ladies so much. But designing the cards for today almost made me spastic!! I have no idea why they were so difficult. *sigh* I think I had the worst case of 'writer's block' and just couldn't get these done. I cased everything but the mother's and father's day cards because it was so bad. It's not bad to case, in fact it is good to case. It's just that I try to come up with unique designs for events on principal, KWIM? And why are man cards so blinkin' difficult?!!! *sigh*

So I ended up with a camoflage coloured lighthouse card for Father's Day. I meant to use brighter colours since I used brown and copper for the man birthday card awhile back, but somehow this ended up camo coloured and nothing else worked. Designing under pressure (the night before) when I'm tired (anytime after 5pm) is never a good thing. sad, eh?!

stamps; a light unto my path, all holidays (Stmapin' Up!)
paper; kraft cardstock, whisper white (Stmapin' Up!) , rootbeer, ivy (Bazzill)
ink; so saffron, close to cocoa, always artichoke (Stmapin' Up!)
accessories; photo corner punch, chocolate chip poly twill ribbon (Stmapin' Up!) , screw brads (Karen Foster)

This is my 5th attempt at the Mother's Day card. Oh Gosh!!!! I'm not even sure I can post the other attempt done 4 times over before I finally gave up and decided it was completely unreasonable to think a group of people could do that card at the same time. This is not lovely, elegant like I wanted to do for the mother's day card. It's much sweeter, jelly bean coloured. Not what I had in mind at all. We'll see if I have any returning customers after today. *sigh* I guess it can be a bit of a crap shoot to allow someone else to design cards and provide the supplies for you. Let's hope they think it's a winner and not just crap...

Jeepers! I'm not all full of angst and anxiety normally. This is ridiculous! Someone needs to throw cold water on me or slap me silly! *snort* It could be a long day, but my ladies are lovely and I can hardly wait to spend the afternoon with them.

stamps; boho backgrounds, all holidays, three for you punch box (Stmapin' Up!)
paper; sunbeam, starmist, coconut smoothie (Bazzill)
ink; groovy guava (Stmapin' Up!), coffee bean (Brilliance by Tsukineko)
accessories; 1 1/4" & 1" square punches (EK Success), three for you punch box, groovy guava double stitched ribbon (Stmapin' Up!), flame dew drops (The Robin's Nest)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...