Thursday, March 6, 2008

Well, I don't have a swimsuit cut out for my daughter yet. But I got this pretty little thing made! Hmmm... Where are my priorities? Okay, I need to give myself a break - I helped said child begin the process of cleaning out her room for an entire hour before I had to take another child to the orthodontist. This was a bit of catharsis - mommy sanity time.

This doen't fit much of any category except that it's all shiny and pretty. So after my happy discovery that Heidi Swapp ghost shapes go through the Xyron really well, I've been sticking all sorts of stuff in there! This flourish is from Tim Holtz's new grungeboard line. Absolutely fabulous stuff - it feels like suede and it's maleable despite the chipboard appearance. *Uber-cool*!!!

My 1.5" Xyron didn't get along well. The adhesive came right off - no mess on the grunge board, it was like no adhesive even touch it. So I tried my 2" Xyron. That was much better, but I had to push the glitter into the adhesive so the adhesive stayed put on the grungeboard. If I had pushed the adhesive film directly, it would have become more intimate with my finger than the grungeboard. Not nice! Chipboard goes through the Xyron well, and gets so glitterific!!!

I just got my Damask and Reverse Damask background stamps from Flourishes. Wowza are they elegant! An instant fave. I used Damask on the lower half - so saffron ink on so saffron cardstock. I outlined it with my stardust pen. I stamped Damask - Reverse on the upper half with more mustard ink on so saffron cardstock and outlined a little with my stardust pen. So simple and elegant.

stamps; Damask, Damask - Revers (Flourishes)
paper; so saffron (Stampin' Up!), Tokyo (Bazzill Destinations)
ink; so saffron, more mustard (Stampin' Up!)
accessories; Xyron, Plain Grungeboard (Tim Holtz), Glitter (Art Institute), Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Pretties Kit (Stampin' Up!), Stardust glitter pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...